Explore the lush, contrasting landscapes of South India. The ultimate Indian Adventure Challenge!
Welcome to the India Tuk-Tuk Challenge! Fact: lots of people have been to India. In fact, you can barely move for people who’ve been to India. It’s all “India this” and “India that.” And that’s not a bad thing. India is amazing. Properly amazing. But, the next time someone comes up to you and starts going on about India, imagine you were able to respond with: “Sorry, can I stop you there? I actually once drove a rickshaw about 1000km around India on my own, so whatever you have to say about India, it better be more interesting than that. And if it isn’t, well-intentioned though I’m sure you are, my suggestion is that you leave this conversation posthaste and go and have a long, hard think about how decidedly pedestrian your trip to India was compared to mine. OK?” Yeah. Cool innit.
See, we love rickshaws and we love adventures. So we thought we’d take our extremely successful rickshaw rally format – in which, you drive around a country as part of a team and complete challenges to accrue points – and apply it to India. It’ll kick-off in Kerala then wind up, down, under and around this incredible sub-continent, before eventually arriving back in Kerala, like a big, spicy, self-drive boomerang. And there it is. The India Challenge. Are we good or what?
September, 17th to 26th 2021 & September 16th to 25th 2022
* Route and hotels for reference only & subject to change.
|1||Training Day||Kochi||Killians Hotel|
- 1100 km travelled (approx.)
- 9 nights
- 10 days
- 10 – 15 teams
- 20 – 30 challengers
We hire the rickshaws from local drivers. We arrange all of your accommodation. We ensure a big chunk of your entry fee goes towards helping local communities. All you have to do is turn up, get in and drive the damned things. You won’t find another adventure like it.
Team of 3 – £1550 per member
Team of 2 – £2350 per member
- Training and driving lessons on arrival day.
- Hire and use of 1 genuine, ready-to-roll rickshaw for the duration of the Challenge. Third party liability insurance included.
- Accommodation for 2 or 3 people (9 nights) in double, twin or triple rooms. 1 room per team.
- Half Board – 9 delicious locally-made breakfasts and dinners.
- India Rickshaw Challenge logistics & legal stuff (mechanics, support team, permits, luggage truck).
- Welcome pack (sim card and phone, map, t-shirt, event bag, phrase-book, navigational sheets).
- Emergency & Medical travel insurance for the duration of the India Rickshaw Challenge.
- 10 % contribution to our Meaningful Travel projects including school visits.
- Awards ceremony & farewell party.
- Flights, visas, airport transfers.
- Rickshaw spare parts and repairs (approx. total £40-120 per team).
- Fuel (approx. total £100 per team).
- Day to day costs (approx. £x30 per day for lunch and drinks).
- Rickshaw Pimpin.
Dates & Prices
|Dates||Deposit due today|
India Adventure 2021
Sep 17 2021 - Sep 26 2021
|£399 (per team)|
India Adventure 2022
Sep 16 2022 - Sep 25 2022
|£399 (per team)|
Feedback / Reviews
"There is no way, like the Tuk Tuk way. Driving your own Tuk Tuk is the absolute best way to see the beautiful country of Sri Lanka and experience the hospitality, kindness and charm of the people."
Tilde Andrea Seider, Team Macaw
"The guys have this trip down to a fine art. During our travel we were far enough off the beaten track to feel this was a proper adventure but also supported just the right amount to know that if we really needed something we would be supported."
Nicholas Tyral Team TNT-oi
Watch Our Latest Adventures
Looking to Explore another destination?
Latest News & Blog Posts
"The Large Minority Podcast – Tuk-Tuk Adventures and Travel stories"
Yes, that’s right, we are delighted to say we’ve started our very own podcast, and we would love it if you dropped in for a listen. What is Large Minority all about? What is a tuk-tuk adventure? Why do we love tuk-tuks so much and why do we think they are such amazing vehicles and […]
"A message from our co-founder"
2020 Huh? Wowza, where to start…… and it’s already February 2021! On a very personal level, adventures and business aside, 2020 was by far the toughest year of my life as I lost my father in January 2020. Thankfully I was by his side when he passed away at our home in Kenya and I […]